lunes, 7 de julio de 2014

DAC Wing for the Papilio Platform

Hello again! This time I decided I would start to share my designs over here as well. This time I'll be sharing a Papilio Wing.
As you may or may not know, the Papilio platform is an awesome barebones FPGA platform with Arduino-style headers to plug what they call "Wings" (instead of shields). Since an FPGA usually has a ton of I/O, you can plug a huge ammount of wings to it (or one Mega Wing) like this.


Since the papilio platform is relatively new, there are not a lot of wings for it. This is why I decided to make a proper audio DAC Wing (they have one, but it's based on PWM and a low-pass filter). The wing I made is EXTREMELY simplistic. It's based on the MAX5556 DAC which barely requires anything. It has only a couple of passives and a 3.5mm stereo jack. This is the render of the board.

kJt2oOE.png

The link for the design files (it is open source, obviously) are here (GitHub)
And here is the link to order the board from OSHPark (It is the prototype version).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario